Refrigerator/Freezer Guard - VM605E
Used around the world to monitor everything from vaccines to perishable food items.
TG Cloud App
Available with NIST or ILAC calibration certificate
|Order Now without Certificate
|Order with NIST Certificate valid for two years
|Order with ILAC Calibration Certificate valid for two years
|If you don't need a phone call, order the M705E.||$650.00|
- Web Apps
You need to know immediately if the valuable product stored in your refrigerator or freezer is going to spoil due to an equipment failure or a power outage that knocked out your cooler and office network.
The Refrigerator/Freezer Guard is what you need.
Connect the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard to your network and our free Data Capture software will collect temperature data from the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard, store the data, and send out alarm emails and text messages.
The Refrigerator/Freezer Guard along with our Data Capture software will alert you to touble by:
• Sending alarm emails and text messages.
• Calling you on the phone and tell you there is a temperature alarm, plus you can call it anytime and hear the current temperatures.
• Calling you if the power goes out or a door is left open.
* ILAC (International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation) adds 9 working days to shipping date
* NIST: National Institute Standards and Technology
TG Cloud App for Android
Built in Web Server
With the VM605Es built in web app you can download temperature data, generate and print graphs, export the data to a CSV file. Simply type the IP address of VM605E into a web browser.
Print out a daily alarm report that highlights all temperatures that went out of limits.
The VM605E can store up to 60 days worth of temperature data in its built in memory. Export the data to a CSV file for further analysis.
Click on screen shot to enlarge
The screen below shows the highest and lowest temperatures recorded each day. The temperatures that went out of limits are highlighted in red.
- Monitor up to 8 refrigerators, freezers, blanket warmers, room, etc with one unit.
- Rechargeable twenty-four hour battery backup.
- Continuous on-board temperature recording and logging can store up to 60 days worth of temperature data.
- Programmable high and low temperature alarm limits for each refrigerator/freezer/cooler.
- Programmable alarm time delay for each refrigerator/freezer/cooler.
- Recordable identification message for each refrigerator/freezer/cooler unit.
- Field correctable temperature readings.
- Record a message to indicate the location of the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard.
- LCD displays real time data.
- Uses a standard analog phone line.
- Includes our free Data Capture software.
- Two year NIST or ILAC traceable certificates are available.
- Wide temperature monitoring range: -328°F to 392°F.
What is the minimum I need to buy to build a monitoring system?
One Refrigerator/Freezer Guard for every eight refrigerators and freezers.
One temperature sensor for each refrigerator and freezer.
Extension wire if the sensor is located more than 10' from the VM605E.
How does the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard work?
Example 1: Temperature alarm condition
There are three items that need to be programmed for each sensor before monitoring can begin. The items are:
High alarm temperature limit (i.e. 5°F)
Low alarm temperature limit (i.e. -10°F)
Alarm callout time delay in minutes (i.e. 45 minutes)
Alarm reminder time delay (i.e. 2 hours)
Sensor 1 is installed in a freezer. The high alarm temperature limit is 5°F and the low alarm temperature limit is -10°F. The callout time delay is 45 minutes.
The temperature raises to 6°F.
After 45 minutes the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard will turn on the alarm relay and buzzer and begin to make emergency phone calls. The Refrigerator/Freezer Guard will call all of the programmed phone numbers until the PIN number is entered. If an answering machine answers the phone, the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard will leave the alarm message, but it will not stop calling. Once all of the phone numbers have been dialed, the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard will wait fifteen minutes and then retry all phone numbers. The Refrigerator/Freezer Guard will continue this calling pattern until the PIN number is entered.
If after the PIN number is entered the temperature is still out of limits for 2 hours, the Alarm Reminder Feature will make the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard begin to make emergency phone calls again.
If the temperature in the freezer goes back within limits the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard will stop making calls, and turn off the alarm relay and buzzer.
The Temperature alarm message
"Warning the lab freezer sensor one temperature is 6 degrees and has been out of limits for 45 minutes. Enter your PIN number" ( the lab freezer portion of the message is recorded by the user).
If the alarm condition is acknowledged but the temperature is still out of limits after the Alarm reminder time delay has expired, the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard will begin to make emergency phone calls.
If Data Capture is installed and running, an alarm email and or text message will be sent. The alarm condition will be saved in Data Capture's database.
Example 2: Door Open input alarm condition
The Door Open Input has been programmed with a 10 minute time delay. After the door is left open for more than 10 minutes, the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard goes into alarm condition and begins to make emergency phone calls in the same manner as a temperature alarm condition.
Input alarm message
"Warning door is open for 11 minutes. Enter your PIN number."
Can a Refrigerator/Freezer Guard and an answering machine or fax machine share the same line?
Yes. To have the answering/fax machine answer the phone, program the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard to answer the phone on the 5th ring. To access the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard, call the number and let the phone ring 3 times. Hang up and wait 20 seconds. Call the number again and on the 2nd ring the Refrigerator/Freezer Guard will answer.
How do you enter a negative number when programming a temperature limit?
To enter a negative limits, press the * key and then enter the number. For example, to enter -15 degrees, press the *15 and then the pound. You will hear "negative 15 degrees".
- Maximum temperature sensor range: -328°F to 392°F, -200°C to 200°C
- Factory calibrated range -148°F to 69°F (-100°C to 21°C) to less than 1 degree
- Field calibration can be performed at one point
- Measurement resolution 0.1°
- Sensor Type: 1000 Ohm Platinum (.00385 TCR)
- 0.5a 125vac alarm relay output
- Internal alarm buzzer: (85dB)
- Eight - twenty-digit alarm telephone callout phone numbers
- Rechargeable twenty-four hour battery backup included
- Plug-in power supply, splitter, telephone extension and Ethernet cable included
- FCC Approved and Registered. Requires analog phone line.
- Operating temperature range 32°F to 125°F
- Enclosure Dimensions: 5.0" x 7.5" x 1.75" (W x L x H) Keyhole mounting holes 10cm on center
Sensors that you can use with the VM605e:
BP-2G Temperature sensor in glycol filled vial. Available with NIST certificate.
BP-V and LTS-V - Our most popular sensors for medical or food storage. Both are available with NIST certificate!
SP- Walk in coolers and open cases
R - Room Temperature Sensor
You can also use the Door Sensors and the Strobe light (RL-B)
Please see the Sensors and Accessories page for ordering.
You may also need extra wire, as most sensors come with only 10' and the R sensor comes with no extra wire.